Metro Atlanta Driver's Education Program
Offering one-on-one lessons to get you up to speed quickly
Whether you are a high school student, or an adult learning to drive, our one-on-one driving lessons are designed as an inexpensive way to help you pass your driving test easily.
A-1 Driving School offers:
- 14 convenient metro Atlanta locations
- One-on-One lessons - No other students in the car.
- Student picked up at home or work at your convenience.
- Weekend or weekday driving schedules.
- Instructors who are state certified, patient, and experienced.
- New, safe vehicles with dual controls.
A few good reason to take Driver's Education:
- Savings on your insurance premiums alone may pay for the cost of the driver's ed instruction.
- Receive tax credit of $150.00 from the State of GA.
- Better prepare your child or yourself for the hectic world of driving.
Driver's Ed Frequently Asked Questions
What is JOSHUA'S LAW?
Beginning January 1, 2007, all 16 year-olds applying for a Class D driver's license must complete a driver education course approved by the Department of Driver Services and complete a total of 40 hours of supervised driving, 6 hours of which must be at night, with a parent or guardian's sworn verification that these requirements have been met. Any Georgia resident who has not completed an approved driver education course must be at least 17 years old to be eligible for a Class D driver's license. He or she must have completed a total of at least 40 hours of supervised driving, including at least 6 hours at night. The same verification in writing by a parent or guardian is required.
Will I be able to get a reduction in my insurance premiums when my child completes the driver's education COURSE?
Only a Certificate of Completion from a State Licensed School providing 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours behind the wheel instruction would be eligible for a reduction in insurance premiums.
What if my child just moved to Georgia?
All 16 year olds must take an approved Driver's Education Course to be issued a license in Georgia.
Please call 770 603-3320 or 706 354-4755 (Athens area) for more information and to sign up.